In about a month, it’s KreaDoe time again. KreaDoe is the biggest yearly craft fair in the Netherlands. It’s big, it’s versatile and it’s loads of fun!
This year the KreaDoe fair is at 31 October – 4 November. Before I tell you more about why everybody in the Netherlands should go to this fair, I will show you a video of last years KreaDoe fair. It gives a nice impression of all the booths and workshops.
Why should you go to KreaDoe 2012?
Even if you are only slightly creative and remotely interested in crafting, you will absolutely love the KreaDoe fair. It’s big, it’s versatile and so much fun!
- It’s big: Even when you enter the fair at 10am when it opens, you will most likely not leave before you get kicked out at 5 pm. And it will still feel like you didn’t get to see everything. There’s so much to see and so much to do.
- It’s versatile: There are almost 250 different exhibitors at the fair. Each of them specialising in their own craft (see below for an overview of crafts), giving workshops and demonstrations, and selling supplies and books. You won’t know where to go and where to look, it’s overwhelming but inspiring.
- It’s so much fun: If you are anything like me, you will go home exhausted but bubbling with creative inspiration. At KreaDoe you will discover new techniques and materials. You can try out them out in awesome workshops. And most exhibitors have special discounts for the fair, which means you will go home loaded with new supplies for your creative outbursts at home.
Crafts on KreaDoe
- Paper and cards
- Flower arranging
- Home decor
- Dolls and bears
- Drawing and painting
- Crocheting and knitting
- Ceramics and mosaics
- DIY fashion
- Patchwork and quilting
- Crafting for kids
- Cakes and cupcakes
I’ve attended this fair twice. The first time I went with two good friends in 2008. Here you see us showing off our creations from the workshop “Shadowpainting”. Look at how proud and happy we are. The visit to KreaDoe was their birthday gift to me, and I had a blast.
This photo was taken still quite early in the day, as you can see we are still lite on the carrying bags with goodies. As you can imagine the number of bags kept steadily growing throughout the day.
Here are some of the creations I made after I went to KreaDoe last year:
Creablog contest 2012
This year for the first time KreaDoe is organising a blog contest. And I have decided to join in!
- Until 19 September bloggers can enter the contest (which I will do right after publishing this post).
- At 21 September the organisation will announce the 25 finalists of the contest on www.kreadoe.nl.
- Between 21 September and 14 October visitors of the KreaDoe website can vote for their favourite creative blog.
- Winner No 1: all the glory + KreaDoe-proof pink photo camera + subscription to the (Dutch) magazine MjamTaart! + 30 free entry tickets for the readers of the blog (Live blogging on Wednesday 31 October)
- Winner No 2: 15 free entry tickets + subscription to MjamTaart! (Live blogging on Thursday 1 November)
- Winner No 3: 15 free entry tickets + subscription to MjamTaart! (Live blogging on Friday 2 November)
- Winner No 4: 10 free entry tickets + subscription to MjamTaart! (Live blogging on Saturday 3 November)
- Winner No 5: 10 free entry tickets + subscription to MjamTaart! (Live blogging on Sunday 4 November)
I’m quite excited! This is the very first time I’m entering a blog contest. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope that I get selected to be one of the finalists. If I do get selected, I will publish it on this blog and ask you to vote for me. Even if you are not able to go to the fair, but do like my creative blog, I hope you will keep an eye out for the post and vote for me on the website.